Tuesday, June 10, 2008

While you were away...






Dan is celebrating his birthday alone in Omaha tonight, so I wanted to post this video in honor of his birthday. Ignore the shirt (borrowed from daycare) because all of Ella's spare clothes were too warm for the weather.

Here are some of the little tidbits from the past two days so that he feels like he hasn't missed a thing.

Simple Requests: Yesterday when I picked Ella up at school she asked if we could go to the library. With Dan out of town, that seemed like a great idea to make an evening more interesting so I obliged.

Breaking the Silence: After pulling a mothering coup, I convinced Ella that I got to pick a book from the Mommy section, then we would go to the kid section. So as I perused the shelves, there was suddenly a loud noise coming from her vicinity. And again, and again the sound echoed in the quiet adult section of the library. As I looked at Ella in disbelief and realized she had attracted the wide-eyed stares of everyone in the room. I asked her what we say, and she sheepishly smiled and looked at everyone looking at her and said; "Scuse mees!" And after two years of mothering experience, I just nodded and smiled with dignity and still picked out a book before heading over to the kids section!

1 comment:

Thea said...

Oh my gosh, too cute! Hope everyone is doing well!