In the past week or two, Ella has started to use a three-letter word that matures her overnight - why? Here are some of her whys lately (I have elaborated slightly): Why are there no clouds if it's raining?
Why is it still raining?
Why do I have to take a bath?
Why do I have to ride my bike back from the park? (I prefer to ride it there and make Mom carry it home)
Why can't I wear big girl underwear to bed?
Why does Mom put make up on?
Why can't I use Bruno (the cat) as a pillow?
Why do I have to hurry in the morning so Mom doesn't miss a meeting?
Why can't I have as many almonds and cashews as I want at every meal?
Why do I have to stay in bed at bedtime?
I have a few whys myself lately, though Ella doesn't have many more answers than I usually do.
Ella, why do you only want cereal in the purple bowl?
Ella, why don't you want to use the toilet every time?
Ella, why does broccoli taste better with ketchup?
Ella, why are you dipping your tomatoes in ketchup?
Ella, why are you so opposed to matching clothes these days?
Ella, why are your hugs so good?
We are starting to talk about Halloween and picking out a costume. I showed Ella photos from last Halloween (she was a cat) and we read some books about Halloween. We were talking about all the different things she could be, but so far the only one that has generated any excitement is the idea of a "green triangle." Since Toddler 2s are a long way from reading, each kid in Ella's class has their own shape and color for their nametags, and Ella is the green triangle. It actually would be a pretty easy costume to put together, but might take too much time to explain to every person we see. Stay posted and we'll let you know if we have a winner in the costume race!
And since I didn't think it was fair to do another post without a picture, here is one of our little explorer below. We went out in the kayak while camping over Labor Day weekend to track turtles and saw dozens on each trip around the moat. Ella even helped me paddle!


No comments:
Post a Comment