Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Feliz Navidad

Before we head out of town for the holidays, I thought I would post some wintry photos and do a quick update. One of the most amusing developments is Ella working on her Spanish - primarily by watching "Dora the Explorer" and "Go, Diego, Go!" She sees very little TV, with snow days (where I have to work from home and she is here) and Saturday mornings being the exceptions.


This week Ella was trying to snuggle up to Cecelia on the sofa and as Celia made her break, I heard Ella say, "Espera! Espera!" I looked up in shock, since speaking some Spanish I knew that meant "Wait! Wait!" So I asked Ella what she said and she repeated it and told me she wanted Cecelia to stop. I asked her where she learned it and she said Dora says it to Tico the squirrel when she doesn't want him to go. I hugged her it made me so happy!


Last night she also said "Salta, Salta" as she was prancing a stuffed animal across her bed. I didn't know that word, so she said Dora tells a doggy to jump using that word. Besides that she is also counting up to 10 in Spanish.


So enjoy the photos, including her visit to Santa's house, taking her new sled out for a stroll on a snow day and the mischievous look she gave me as I found her peering into the snow globe with her antlers on. This was completely unstaged, but she did look up as I tried to snag the photo.


Merry Christmas to you and yours as we head out for almost a week of travels across Wisconsin and Minnesota. We wish safe and speedy travels to all of you as well.

No comments: