Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Preschooler days have begun

Ella started preschool this month, joining a room of 3-5 yr olds where she will be until kindergarten. She has a male teacher for the first time - Greg - and I am working to help her understand that she doesn't need to hug and kiss him all the time for him to know that she loves him. So other than the fact she didn't nap well due to the excitement of preschool, two weeks into it now she has calmed down a little and is mostly acting like her sweet self again. Poor Dawn had to suffer through her first weekend after preschool at the Dells where I hadn't quite connected the dots between sleep deprivation and devilish behavior. Here is a photo of one of the better moments!
Preschool seems to equal a little more craziness on the playground with bigger equipment, which equalled knots in her hair and tears at bath time when I'd wield a comb. I talked her into another homemade haircut and I think the results are pretty cute! Bath time involves less tears which is good for everyone.
Other than that, she is helping me water my urban garden in the evenings and has been doing a great job with her new chores - feeding the kitties their dry food and bringing the garbages from the bedrooms (and returning them after I empty them). She is also a great sous chef, tonight putting all the pepperoni, red peppers and cheese on our homemade pizza, minus the "handling charge" of about half of what was intended for the pizza.

No comments: