Today is a home day for Ella - which should lead to some interesting interactions.
7 AM - Wake up. I turn on The Today Show in my bedroom and immediately get a request for Ella to be able to watch something. Turns into a fit, which meant no TV until 8 and then 9 AM. Ugly start to the day.
8 AM - I open up my laptop and begin work while she digs into her second bowl of cereal (Life, followed by Lucky Charms). After she is full she pulls out a book of Fancy Nancy stickers and gets to work filling the pages.
8:30 - I remind her teeth need to be brushed and she needs to be dressed to watch TV. As a little fashionista, you never know what to expect in the clothing department from this kid. She first came out in a black dress far too fancy for a day at home. Her second choice is a sleeveless flowered dress, which I approved along with the addition of a sweater. It is supposed to be a balmy 77 today, but it's not that warm yet. Everything is a negotiation these days.
9 AM - Finally she can watch TV, and we make use of our new Netflix access from our Blu Ray player and she chooses "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs." She sits down to veg out in front of the TV.
9:30 - I relocate to my bedroom to do conference calls uninterrupted by the movie sound track.
9:50 AM - I check in between calls to see what she's up to. Still enjoying "Cloudy" but asks me to pause it so she can go get some things from her room. She emerges with plastic food from her kitchen and a few dishes. Also her play screwdriver. She is making a smoothy, though the screwdriver is to "play with your hair, Mom." I tell her I will be back for my scalp massage with a screwdriver after my calls.
Already she came out once in a black dress far too fancy for a day at home. Her second choice is sleeveless flowered dress, which I approved along with the addition of a sweater. Everything is a negotiation these days
Ella isn't reading yet, but she has memorzied so many books that she could almost pass for reading. She also has started to catch on to when I spell things. Last night she knew I was talking about a classmate of hers because she can pick up on the spelling. So the days of spelling to avoid suspicion are drawing to an end.
One of Ella's teachers pointed out how natural she is at arithmetic. She can add and subtract numbers up to about 10. I am very proud and can't wait to see how this develops in her.
Otherwise Ella is a happy kid. She just started visiting her dad's house last week for the first time, since in the past he came here to watch her. She is adjusting well in the meantime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment