Monday, May 19, 2008

Commuter fun

Monday is Ella's favorite day of the week, based on our ride home on the average Monday. Traffic is lighter for whatever reason, so I take the interstate home. The interstate is practically a wonderland to the kid. With a constant flow of air traffic, construction vehicles along the side and train tracks on the home stretch, she actually wishes the commute were longer - I swear.

Airplanes and trains have been a favorite for a while, but the favorite sight lately is a backhoe. She was always asking, "what's that?!?" and I felt terrible that I can't name all the construction vehicles. But now that I know the backhoes, bulldozers, cement mixers and dump trucks, so does Ella. So when you see her next, ask about what each does and she will let you know!

It's a good time for her to be enthralled with construction, as I am insanely venturing for a six hour road trip on Friday afternoon in the holiday traffic - alone with Ella. We have a wedding Sunday near her cousins' house, so we are driving up early while Dan stays home to play in a hockey tournament. Wish us well!

In the meantime, enjoy the photos from Mother's Day of Ella taming Gram's rocking horse.

Below you will also see pictures of Ella "sharing" the big bed with me while at Gram's. I tried not to wake her up with my giggling and photo-snapping when I got home from a night on the town with Dawn! I managed to find some room and slept pretty well with the little wiggler. I'm convinced Restless Leg Syndrome is real and runs rampant in my family!

And below is a picture with Aunt Riss, who this week is fulfilling her lifelong dream of seeing the pandas at the San Diego Zoo, and next week moves several hours closer to be less than two hours away!

No comments: