Sunday, November 9, 2008

Alligator Buttons

Ella and I got into the (way too early) holiday spirit today. While at the mall Ella had the chance to write a letter to Santa. She is only just starting to get the concept and actually usually says, "I'm going to hide from him!" when he's discussed. She also hides from Swiper the Fox (pseudo bad guy in Dora the Explorer), so Santa shouldn't take it personally if he reads this from the North Pole.


Once we started writing the letter, her Christmas wish list included a boppy (her little blankie bits she carries everywhere), a new blanket (which I am making her), toys and a play kitchen (sorry JoLynn, I prompted her a bit). She then finished off the letter by drawing a smiley face for Santa all by herself. Sorry for the picture quality, I only had my camera phone.

Ella still doesn't fully understand the idea of a letter even - not surprising in this electronic age. Grandma Joyce sent her a letter in the mail that really confused her. As I read it and talked about Grandma Joyce, Ella kept asking where Grandma was and seemed to not understand how I knew what Grandma was saying to her. So once she put the letter in the mailbox she asked, "Is Santa in there?" which elicited giggles from a woman walking by.

That still doesn't beat Ella's comment as we headed back to the elevator, when she ran ahead and yelled back to me, "I want to push the Alligator buttons!" Can't we just freeze them at these perfect moments forever?!?

Public Service Announcement: Macy's donates $1 to charity for every letter written, so swing by yourself before the holidays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great post. I just loved it.