Saturday, February 7, 2009

Long Overdue

I was feeling terrible about my lapsed blogging, but after surveying a few of my friend's sites I realized I was not the most delinquent! I think since joining Facebook a few months ago I have another outlet for posting cute pictures and witty status updates and don't have a ton to put on here.


But with that said, this is devoted to tracking Ella's progress in developing into a wonderful young lady, so should no longer be neglected. As three draws closer I am realizing how much more grown up she is everyday. This morning she has already gotten herself completely dressed and used the toilet on her own. She is not officially potty-trained yet, but she rarely has an accident. She just refuses to do a #2 in the toilet so practically writes a dissertation to convince me she needs a diaper back on so she can get her business done. All week we talked about how the diapers were all going away TODAY - except for bedtime. So I packed them all up and put them on a shelf in my closet and will let you know how it goes! It may be terrible, but I also told her that only big girls wearing underwear can ride on the airplane to Arizona next month. I fully expect there to be a diapered baby in every seat around us and my credibility will be blown, but if I can avoid changing diapers in the next month it will be worth it!


Other than that, her teeth have held tight since the fall Thanksgiving weekend. I, however, am still in an inflatable boot cast to my knee from my fall that week at the hair salon. Broken toe turned out to have also broken my foot. I have a crack in my bone shaft and was told it could take up to 18 months to heal. I shouldn't have to wear the boot the whole time, but it is still a pain. I have a second opinion next week and should know more.
This picture is of Ella playing with her buddy William from across the hall. His parents just had their second (Thomas) in January, so they have bigger things to worry about then Ella convicing him to wear headbands and purses! They have been having lots of fun together and I love sneaking over to get my baby fix by holding the new little guy.
We were also nice enough to get a visit two weeks ago from Ella's Minnesota cousins (who live in WI, but that is a technicality). We hit the nature center and Children's museum and enjoyed decorated bug cupcakes for Wylie (& my) belated birthdays. JoLynn and I even got a girl's night out in the city! We can't wait to do it again.

No comments: