After 10 days in underwear with only two accidents, I am declaring Ella potty trained! I think what made the difference was having extended family around at "Winter Camping" last weekend, which is really just a weekend snowbound at a hotel in WI with pools. She asked anyone but me for help when she needed to go, and I couldn't complain since it worked. She refused underwear on Monday morning last week for school, but when her teachers heard what a good job she had done they talked her into underwear and we haven't gone back (except naps and bedtime).I don't know if it helped or not, but I was using dirty mommy tricks by telling her only Big Girls who wear underwear can ride on airplanes. So the pressure was on as we fly out this Saturday morning to Arizona for a week of fun in the sun. It will be so nice to only be packing a handful of diapers instead of a full week's worth. I also can't wait to start spending all the money I am saving on diapers...well, at least now I can stop emergency diaper runs to Target over my lunch hour as daycare starts borrowing diapers from other kids until I restock. Hooray! Special thanks to Gram who I think was more determined than me to get Ella out of diapers. Mission accomplished!

No comments:
Post a Comment