Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Little Loyalties

I am feeling a little bad about early-aged brainwashing in support of athletic teams, but it is better than the alternative - having a Bears/Vikings fan in the house.

As I drove by Soldier Field tonight, I pointed out the football-shaped building we see along the lakeshore. I told her the Bears play there, but we don't like them. In her mind, I just had insulted teddy bears and Winnie the Pooh at play in that building. I tried to explain that we like the Packers in this house, but she kept saying how much she likes her Bears. I told her these Bears are different, they play football and are kinda mean to the Packers, our favorite team. She didn't seem convinced.

Dan said it is karma that her favorite color is purple - but my family just reinforced her boppy collection of Packers, Cubs and Brewers versions this weekend! The Vikings don't stand a chance as long as she watches Sunday football with Gram and I work on her the rest of the year...


Just a couple pictures from this month to share:


Karissa, Jen, Mom and I before Mary Poppins.

Ella admiring her new cousin's little fingers.


Gram and her girls over Mother's Day weekend.

No comments: