Friday, May 15, 2009

To the Moon &...Front

Everyday the wonders of this kid amaze me, amuse me and warm my heart. Just recently we have started reading How Much Do I Love You, which is about a little bunny who keeps trying to tell his dad how much he loves him. The book ends with the dad whispering to his child that he loves him to the moon & back, so I have taken to telling Ella this each morning when I leave her at school. This morning, my sweet child responded by telling me that she loves me to the moon & front. I almost cried because the sentiment is so real and so tangible even many hours later.

Though I am a completely biased observer, I think this kid is the perfect balance of brilliance, thoughtfulness and adorableness, with just a tiny touch of naughtiness to keep me on my toes (and pay me back for the suffering I caused my mom over the years).

Here is an adorable video I recorded at bedtime tonight as Ella said pretend goodnight to her dad by phone.

No comments: