Wednesday, October 1, 2008

2 1/2 Years

Ella did her 2 1/2 year check up today, so I thought I would post a few updates for the baby book.


Weight: 28.5 lbs (up a pound from Monday's ER weight)


Height: 35 3/4 inches


Clothes: Mostly 2T, though pants are mostly 24 months and I'm only buying 3T and bigger shirts anymore


Diaper: Size 5, though she is wearing underwear most of the time at home


Shoes: Outgrowing 7s, so probably a 7.5 or 8 right now


Hairstyle: After a brief headband period (2 weeks?) she has been requesting 2 ponies every day.

Fashion (non)Sense: Ella begs for a skirt or dress almost every day, which is getting harder with cooler weather. She also gets to independently select her socks every morning so it's often a unique look


Books: Not too picky, but likes finding things in I Spy or Gold Bug in Richard Scarry's books


TV: Begs for Dora & Diego, and actually got to see them a couple times due to sick days the past two days


Favorite Vehicles: Jeeps and Taxi Cabs

Bedtime Ritual: She is into stall tactics, though the past week was less of an issue. She usually goes to be at 8, falls asleep before 9 and wakes about 6:30, then naps for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.


Halloween Aspiration: Keeps asking to be a raisin, but I think she is going to be a bumble bee


Favorite Activity Today: Picture shows her using the safety scissors to cut greeting cards and photos from catalogs - great activity for a sick day while sitting next to me on the computer.

Relationship with the Cats: Bruno has always been pretty patient and takes a fair amount of Ella love/attention/abuse without complaint. After years of apprehension, Cecelia finally lets Ella get a little closer to her and even pet her (as long as Ella doesn't yell). Ella loves to hold the laser light to get the kitties to chase it, so I think this is helping build the relationships!

No comments: