We just walked in the door from Toddler 2s, and Ella said two hilarious things I wanted to capture immediately.As she walked up the back steps on her own, she said, "My legs hurt." When I asked why, she stopped, thought it over and replied, "I ran too fast," - done with a very serious look of course.
Another couple of steps up, she looked down and spotted a lady bug lying beneath the stairs. She asked what he was doing, since he was just laying there (likely dead) and I said, "Maybe he's sleeping." At this point, she turns around again and looks at me with her eyes wide and says, "Does he have his jammies on?"
The picture captures Ella last weekend trying out her leg warmers and pumpkin shirt for a visit with Lesley, and giving me her saddest face about something - I am guessing a diaper change or naptime. The expression her chin alone conveys is impressive.
The one other priceless trick she is up to regularly now, is trying to play hide & seek. She loves to hide, but falls into one of two traps. First is her affinity of saying, "I'm right here!!" the whole time, and the other is choosing the same hiding space every time. Some day she will figure out that there are trickier places than the back of my closet everytime!Have a good weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment