Ella's hometown birthday celebration took place Friday night on her actual third birthday. We had a small fiesta complete with a Dora the Explorer pinata. More pictures are available through the link below.Here is the latest and greatest detail on this little girl who has grown into such an independent sweetheart!
Weight: Close to 30 lbs
Height: Tall enough to wash my hands by myself in most locations, turn on lights and be self-sufficient
Verbal skills: Talking up a storm, including retelling stories Mom tells me in the car - I have a spot-on rendition of Snow White these days! But don't try to talk to me on the phone, I really have to be in the mood or I am silent when I hear someone on the other end of the line.
Sleeping Habits: Not going to bed very well at 8 (often still awake in my bed after 9) and sleeping until about 7 AM with an hour and a half nap most days. When I wake up and go see Mom in the morning I am full of sunshine and like to have a cuddle if Mom is still in bed.
Favorite Friends: Several stuffed monkeys, my baby (named Ariel), my little Chloe dog that has an airplane travel carrier, Bearizona (my pink souvenir from my recent travels), Lucilla the grey kitty puppet

New interests: I have just started watching movies in the last month and am slowly building my collection. In AZ I saw many movies, including Snow White, and now I have about five full-length movies! (Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, Madagascar, The Tinkerbell Movie and Shrek)
Mom's Pride Point: Mom is so happy when I usually have such good behavior in public (though not necessarily at home). I am polite and listen in stores and restaurants. I had one meltdown at the store last month but otherwise my record is clean!
New Cousin Coming: I am waiting for Aunt Jen & Uncle Ben's baby to be born next month. I have decided she will be called Cinderella and I am happy to hand down all my clothes and toys I've outgrown. I am very concerned about babies not having teeth but I think she will be fine.

Birthday Loot: My Flower Shop playhouse, Cinderella dress, fairy wings, new underwear, Sleeping Beauty, pajamas, books, Legos, clothes, puzzle, The Jungle Book, gray kitty puppet and a toothbrush. Since all I asked for was a tooth brush and "kitty that doesn't talk" I am a really happy girl! And next weekend I get to see Dora on Ice with Dad before going to celebrate more in MN, so the fun continues.
Special Talent: I can write my own name - pretty impressive to start before I turned three! I've done an E for months but realized I could do lower case L's pretty easily. Gram taught me to do an "a" last month and now I am writing away!
World Travels: So by three I have now visited 6 states (IL, WI, MN, IA, FL, AZ) and been on airplanes over a dozen times!
Favorite Color: I am claiming to be over my purple phase and that my favorite color is now pink, plus every other color in the rainbow.
Injury Update: My front teeth have managed to stay in so far, though the color isn't very pretty. Mom & Dad still hope I keep them so I don't have more dental bills and prosthetic teeth to deal with until I am five.

1 comment:
I never thoughts I would find someone else with the same name as me...and she is adorable
Ella-Claire
Post a Comment