Saturday, April 19, 2008

Concerted Efforts


As I dragged my overtired two-year-old to her first concert this morning, I realized it was another example of me bearing the excitement for both of us. It was a fundraising event for a Mom's group in our area and featured Justin Roberts and the Not So Ready for Naptime Players. The music was catchy and I honestly had a good time. Gram came with, and as you can see, was also more into it than Ella. She was still recovering from a late night at Karissa's birthday party (pictures below and in April photo link) and barely staying awake at first. By the end she was dancing along with all the other 2-8 year olds in the aisles. Eating popcorn was still probably her favorite part, though.


Another example of my over-enthusiasm - notice the caterpillar draped over Ella's shoulder. Ella's class reads The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle and takes turns having the caterpillar as their visitor at home. Everyone takes pictures and makes a scrapbook of all the adventures caterpillar had with your family. So far the caterpillar has been biking, to concert and a birthday party and I can't help but to keep looking for good photo ops. Look back for more pictures of caterpillar's adventures after our trip to MN next week.

Anyway, I will continue to work on the non-obsessive parenting goal I set out with just over two years ago. I am off the chart on the cheesiness factor, which Dan helps moderate to keep people from talking too much about us! I suppose at the end of the day having a happy, healthy kid keeps me from obsessing any more than the average parent. :)

No comments: