Sunday, March 16, 2008

Eating champ


Two of the things that I am most proud of with this kid - 1) that she is well-adjusted enough to go to almost anyone; 2) that she is a champion eater of healthy food. There are plenty of other things, but those are two attributes I really hoped for when the stork dropped her off and I've been delighted on both counts.


Last night my friend Kristy came over for the first time in a while, and Ella thinks it is fabulous to have someone "new" to play with. She warms up quickly. Not that she doesn't love us, but I think she knows there is a lot of excitement out there in the world and new people bring some of it right into our house. It makes parting at daycare, at grandma's, when we have a sitter, or anywhere much easier on everyone.

And the eating champion - most days she will eat anything she sees us eating, though as the terrible twos approach she definitely has her days of requesting only hot dogs and cheese. Vegetables have been a bit more of a challenge lately, but we had a breakthrough. Tonight I was eating leftover stir fry with chopsticks, and she ate every vegetable offered as long as it was on the chopsticks! So next time she declines the food offered and requests cheese, I'll try offering it again on chopsticks. I wonder how long until the novelty wears off!
Here is a video of her trying the chopsticks herself:

No comments: