Saturday, March 29, 2008

Other people have birthdays?!?





When Ella got her first invitation to a non-family birthday party, I was clearly more excited than she was. I was also a little nervous - afraid she would have a hard time understanding the hullaballoo was not about her today. So we put on a new party dress (thanks, Dawn :) and headed out to the festivities. We both had a great time and here are some pictures to share.
She was actually much more shy than I would have imagined. There were probably 12 kids or so, plus a parent or two apiece and the entertainment was the music teacher from school. So she knew all the kids (and songs), though adding in all those parents might be intimidating. Her favorite part was when we walked in a circle with a parachute and then the kids got to run under while the parents held it (left).
I think the smart thing was that they didn't open gifts at the party. We bought Julie a tea set, since Ells loves the one she just got (thanks Kevin & Emily & Gus!) adn I thought that might make it a little easier to give. Ella did fine in the store knowing it was Julie's but seeing her open it might have been a different story. I can't wait until the next one she gets to go to!


No comments: